Pidgin is a multi-protocol instant messaging client for Linux, BSD, macOS, and Windows.
Similar to 11
It is compatible with AIM and ICQ (Oscar protocol), MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, IRC, Jabber, Gadu-Gadu, SILC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, Lotus Sametime, and Zephyr networks. Gaim users can log in to multiple accounts on multiple IM networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on AOL Instant Messenger, talking to a friend on Yahoo Messenger, and sitting in an IRC channel all at the same time.
Pidgin supports many features of the various networks, such as file transfer, away messages, and typing notification. It also goes beyond that and provides many unique features. A few popular features are Buddy Pounces, which give the ability to notify you, send a message, play a sound, or run a program when a specific buddy goes away, signs online, or returns from idle; and plugins, consisting of text replacement, a buddy ticker, extended message notification, iconify on away, spell checking, tabbed conversations, and more. Pidgin runs on a number of platforms, including Windows, Linux, and Qtopia (Sharp Zaurus and iPaq).
We've released another bug fix version of Pidgin, version 2.14.10. This release has many random bug fixes so be sure to check out the full ChangeLog below.
You can find links to the download from our Install page.
- Audit and correct the COPYRIGHT file. (Review 1425) (Richard Laager)
- Fix a spelling error in a debug message for proxies. (Review 1426) (Richard Laager)
- Install some emojis already in the theme but not being installed. (Review 1428) (Richard Laager)
- Drop the QQ smileys as we don't ship QQ anymore. (PIDGIN-14385) (Review 1429) (Richard Laager)
- Modernize the desktop file. (Review 1433) (Richard Laager)
- Modernize the appdata file. (Review 1431) (Richard Laager)
- Make privacy settings persist. (PIDGIN-17137) (Review 1463) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix a use after free that was introduced in 2.14.9. (Review 1488) (ivanhoe)
- Fix a crash if the server sends a short form JOIN message. (PIDGIN-17375) (Review 1484) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix a regression from 2.14.9 where XMPP accounts state would get lost after failing to connect. (PIDGIN-17621) (Review 1455) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix a crash when requesting your own info in an XMPP conference. (Review 1465) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix hang when completing a file transfer over XMPP. (Review 1466) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix updating custom smileys. (PIDGIN-17153) (Review 1477) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix unblocking users. (PIDGIN-16414) (Review 1479) (Belgin Știrbu)
- Fix a crash when cancelling a file transfer. (PIDGIN-17189) (Review 1485) (Belgin Știrbu)
Software similar to Pidgin 11
Make calls, send messages and much more - freely and securely. Viber works on most Android, iOS, and Windows devices, as well as Mac and Windows computers.
Convert audio messages to text, use smart replies, stay online even with bad internet connection.
Crystal-clear cross-platform voice communication. A gamers' favorite.
Trillian is a multinetwork chat client that currently supports Facebook, Google, AIM, ICQ, Twitter, mIRC, and others.
More similar downloads