Hotspot Shield creates a virtual private network (VPN) between your laptop and the wireless router. This impenetrable tunnel prevents snoopers and hackers from viewing your email, instant messages, credit card information or anything else you send over a wireless network. Which means you remain anonymous and protect your privacy. Hotspot Shield VPN is a free download. This VPN service can be used to unblock websites, surf the web anonymously, and secure your internet connection.
Every time you surf the Web, you expose yourself and your devices to multiple online threats & risks; Hackers could steal your passwords & financial information and the sites you visit may contain malware.
Hotspot Shield VPN software uses advanced encryption technology to secure your browsing session, detect and blocks malware, and enables you to access your favorite content from anywhere. You can even bypass geo-restrictions to unblock Facebook, unblock YouTube, or unblock any website in countries that censor content.
Our Hotspot Shield VPN service also protects your IP address, enabling you to surf the Web anonymously and privately anywhere in the world including China, India and the United States.
Why does my internet speed slow down while using Hotspot Shield?
Hotspot Shield is a VPN service. To create this "privacy tunnel," it puts a virtual private network between your computer and internet services you access.
While this adds privacy, it also means you have to go through several servers to get to your final destination. These additional steps mean your data must travel further, taking a toll on communication speeds.
Is Hotspot Shield Premium worth paying for?
Compared to Hotspot Shield Free, Hotspot Shield Premium adds more virtual locations, while Hotspot Shield Free offers a single predetermined one. Both offer up to 1 Gbps speed and unlimited data. Premium also offers optimization for gaming and streaming, while Hotspot Shield Free does not.
- Secure your web session, data, online shopping, and personal information online with HTTPS encryption.
- Protect yourself from identity theft online.
- Hide your IP address for your privacy online.
- Access all content privately without censorship; bypass firewalls.
- Protect yourself from snoopers at Wi-Fi hotspots, hotels, airports, corporate offices.
- Works on wireless and wired connections alike. Provides Unlimited Bandwidth.
- Works on the PC and the MAC, including new operating systems (Windows 10 and Big Sur)
- Android version updated to 9.10.0
- Windows version updated to 11.4.3
- Chrome version updated to 5.0.4
- CVE-2018-6460, has been fixed by removing the internal web-server.
- Paulos Yibelo reported a flaw in Hotspot Shield that has been fixed in this new version.
- macOS version updated to 5.1.0
- Hotspot Shield Free for Chrome updated to 5.0.4
Software similar to Hotspot Shield 19
World's most popular VPN with over 150 million downloads now available for your Android device. Try it for free.
Windscribe is a desktop app and browser extension that block ads and trackers, restore access to blocked content and helps you mask your physical location.
OpenVPN is an open source VPN daemon. Client download and installation instructions can be found here.
Protect your privacy and defend yourself against network surveillance and traffic analysis.
More similar downloads